Chewbaca actor in 'Star Wars,' Peter Mayhew dies at 74 - gohong01

Peter Mayhew, 74, died on April 30 with his family by his side in his home in Texas.

Peter Mayhew

The Hollywood icon played the legendary Chewbacca in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, episode 3 of the prequels and the New Trilogy, according to a statement from his family.

After news of Mayhew's death broke, co-stars and the crew of the Star Wars franchise paid tribute to the man who inhabited the Wookie suit dating back to the '70s.

Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, said that Mayhew was “the gentlest of giants.”

Billy Dee Williams who played alongside Mayhew as Lando Calrissian also said his sentiments

Harrison Ford expressed his condolences via The Hollywood Reporter.

It read: “Peter Mayhew was a kind and gentle man, possessed of great dignity and noble character. These aspects of his own personality, plus his wit and grace, he brought to Chewbacca. We were partners in film and friends in life for over 30 years and I loved him.”

Meanwhile, George Lucas who directed and produced the original trilogy said of Mayhew's passing:

"Peter was a wonderful man. He was the closest any human being could be to a Wookiee: big heart, gentle nature…and I learned to always let him win. He was a good friend and I'm saddened by his passing."

Hollywood stars also reacted to the sad news.

A private memorial service for friends and family will be held on June 29. It was also reported that in early December, there will be a memorial for fans at EmpireConLA.

97JEZ 速借網 服務項目:

借錢

私人借錢

私人小額借款

借款

當鋪

企業借款

車貸

房貸

贊助廣告:安貸

借錢 線上借錢

97JEZ 服務項目: 借錢 小額 借款 當鋪 民間借貸 車貸